A large healthcare system was observing an increase in calls to their billing line. This feedback indicated opportunities to improve the clarity of the bill statement and the team sought to gain insights on how to improve the patient financial journey.
Authenticx in Action
Authenticx used Smart Sample to perform a deep dive into the healthcare system’s financial services and billing call centers. These insights were utilized alongside focus groups to explore this opportunity and inform changes to the billing statement.
By listening to contact center conversations the health system gained some unexpected insight on:
- Social Determinants of Health (SDOH): About 10% of patients expressed financial hardship – some even choosing to stop their future appointments. This provided additional information on the health literacy and access to care in their immediate community.
- Agent coaching: Listening helped provide feedback on ways to improve the customer service call line and ways to provide coaching opportunities for our agents.
- Other aspects of the patient experience (outside of billing): In addition to improving billing statement, we heard other aspects of the patient’s experience. For example, we heard patients mention the digital health portal, input on virtual care, and questions about treatment plans.
These insights give direction on how the health system can take action to continuously improve patient experience.
From these insights the organization was able to:
- Update billing statements based on identified feedback
- Saw patient calls related to the clarity of the billing statement decline
Authenticx was founded to analyze and activate customer interaction data at scale. Why? We wanted to reveal transformational opportunities in healthcare. We are on a mission to help humans understand humans. With a combined 100+ years of leadership experience in pharma, payer, and healthcare organizations, we know first-hand the challenges and opportunities that our clients face because we’ve been in your shoes.
Want to learn more? Contact us!