Authenticx Chief Evangelist, Leslie Pagel recently presented our webinar “Harnessing a Renewable Source of Business Intelligence with Conversational AI”.
This webinar discusses how AI enables healthcare organizations to leverage their own untapped, renewable customer feedback to gain deeper insights. In listening to this presentation, viewers learn about the following:
- The current state of customer feedback, and the voice of the customer in healthcare
- What is lacking, and opportunities to improve your organization’s feedback process
- How to listen to the voice of your customer with relevant case studies
- How to start listening at scale with innovative solutions in your own organization
With conversational AI technology (like Authenticx), healthcare organizations can identify and share their purpose within their customer experiences (CX) with actionable insights from renewable data found in customer conversations.
A Center for Business Intelligence
A seamless, attentive, and efficient customer experience is often claimed to be the main goal for many organizations. Yet, due to the nuances and complexities of the healthcare industry, the customer voice is often underutilized as a source of insights to uncover opportunities for improvements. Historically, the industry relied on NPS or CSAT scores to measure satisfaction and, generally, how an organization’s customer experience operated.
While surveys only collect data from a set of questions or scales from those who respond to them, conversations hold a renewable source of information that organizations can leverage to listen more intentionally, with context and clarity, using AI tools and human evaluation. Conversations are an exchange of ideas, but they are also how people learn, connect, grow, and solve problems. The time is now to transform the contact center from a “cost center” to a center of business intelligence.
AI for the Head and the Heart
When looking at some of the case studies Authenticx has developed from clients, healthcare leaders can begin to understand the beneficial implications of listening to different perspectives to learn as an organization and train AI models.
- By focusing on the customer voice at a product launch, AI (like our Eddy Effect model) shows how customers can guide the way.
- By focusing on the associate engagement side of the customer experience, leaders learn how employees create the experience for customers (as seen via sentiment analysis and agent performance dashboards).
- By focusing on the exchange of information and education shared in calls, conversational AI can hear the dynamics between each party and help humans better understand humans.
AI models (such as Authenticx’s summarization, Eddy Effect, Sentiment, and HIPAA models) allow listening at scale to be maximized to 100%. It is conversational AI that empowers businesses to connect the head and heart, encouraging and igniting customer-centric actions.
“Through the journey of our customer conversations, we turn those conversations into quantitative data that speaks to our headspace and qualitative stories that speak to our heartspace. And when we can connect our leaders, our colleagues to both the head and the heart of our customer experience, it drives customer-focused action.”Leslie Pagel, Authenticx Chief Evangelist
How Can Leaders Get Started?
First, start by listening to a few patient calls – hear to understand first, not to resolve. Then, imagine doing this at scale – picture this process over the entirety of the contact center and other types of customer communication. Lastly, be curious about AI – what is the available data within your organization; how is your organization using the data to learn, and how specific are the models and trained data to your organization’s industry?
The best source of business intelligence is the renewable source of conversational insights. Listen to understand the voice of your customers, their needs, and how organizations can locate opportunities for improvement and celebrate the successes in the customer journey. There is now technology that exists to harness the breadth and depth of this renewable source of data – take advantage of it to show customers you are listening to understand their care, their voice, and their wellbeing.
Takeaways for Building Renewable Insights
- The voice of the customer transforms the perception of your contact center as a cost center into an insights center to help build your business enterprise and improve patient outcomes.
- Customers and leaders understand that data collected from surveys (like NPS or CSAT) don’t provide enough depth. They want to be heard and hear what is shared in conversations to amplify the real customer voice and highlight the customer experience (CX).
- Conversations bring context and clarity to uncover root cause understanding for an organization. Fortunately, these conversations are everywhere, and this makes them the best single renewable source of business intelligence.
- Each interaction has two (2) sides – the customer (caller) and the organization (agent). When listening at scale, organizations are able to hear new perceptions about the business; where they’ve been, where they’re going, their values, and their challenges. On the flip side, the organization is also able to highlight processes, opportunities to train, specific obstacles, and team successes.
- The future of AI doesn’t lie in survey data but in unsolicited conversations and omnichannel evaluations analyzed from customer communication.
- The balance of AI and Human is dependent on an organization’s needs – the AI is trained on the human evaluations, so the more trained labels, classifiers, and processes there are, the more context the system (AI/machine) will have to listen efficiently and reliably.
- To best leverage AI tools and machine learning, combining models that are trained on healthcare-specific data and human evaluation unlock the changes necessary in CX to connect the head and the heart to inspire and inform action.
ABOUT LESLIE PAGEL
Leslie Pagel is the Chief Evangelist at Authenticx, a conversation analytics company dedicated to improving the way healthcare companies engage with patients. In this role, she creates awareness, across the healthcare industry, of more efficient and effective ways for healthcare organizations to deliver on their customer objectives. With over two decades of working with customer experience (CX) teams, Leslie helps clients actualize the voice of the patient to show how these voices prompt meaningful action.
Authenticx was founded to analyze and activate customer interaction data at scale. Why? We wanted to reveal transformational opportunities in healthcare. We are on a mission to help humans understand humans. With a combined 100+ years of leadership experience in pharma, payer, and healthcare organizations, we know first-hand the challenges and opportunities that our clients face because we’ve been in your shoes.
Want to learn more? Contact us!